WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? WHY WOULD I WANT TO JOIN? CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BENEFITS...
Grow your customer/client base and earn more money
You can develop valuable connections that lead to business growth and personal success. An example of this would be the formation of a strategic alliance with a fellow member – one who is not competing directly for the same customer, but in fact shares the same target market. You can create new market niches with unexpected alliances.
Membership provides opportunities to reduce costs in a wide range of areas:
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, for more details visit the website at Chambers Group Insurance Plan or call toll-free 1-877-277-0677
- Preferred rates on the electronic processing of VISA (1.49%), MasterCard (1.49%), and Interac debit cards ($0.05/transaction) %), Discover (1.60%) through First Data Canada
- Member to member discounts – save money by purchasing from fellow members. Click on logo for our Member Discounts
- Fuel discount: save $0.035 per litre offered to the company and its employees—at all Canadian ESSO-branded service stations in Canada
- Free web listing in our Membership Directory puts your business on the World Wide Web. We will include your logo and business description. If you already have your own web site, this additional listing can help generate incremental traffic your way
- Reduced ticket prices for all Chamber events, seminars, promotional opportunities and more
- Home, auto, and travel insurance through Johnson Inc
- Mystery shopper program through Competitactics
- SME-oriented online training courses through the Chamber eLearning Centre
- 1800Member Business Savings Programs:
- A savings program that offers member’s savings up to 30% off the everyday public web price of Lenovo’s entire product line.
- Novexco offers up to 90% savings on industry leading office products to make work a better place. Novexco is the largest Canadian-owned national distributor of office products and workplace solutions in Canada.
- Courier Discounts of 30% on shipments within Canada and to worldwide destinations, 25% on imports into Canada and 75% (starting at) on freight shipments services with the UPS® Savings Program.
- ‘Get More’ Member Card from The UPS Store
- International Chamber of Commerce publications: 10% off the cost of ICC publications – essential resources for anyone doing business across borders or around the world
- Audio conferencing, web collaboration and webinar services from Evolve Collaboration.
Reasonable rates to advertise and promote your business
The Chamber offers promotional opportunities at very reasonable rates. Through your membership you can target West Vancouver, Bowen Island businesses and prospects much further afield. Opportunities include, event sponsorship, weekly email broadcasts newsletter advertising, Business After Business trade shows, seminars and more. We keep our contact list up to date and communicate with our members regularly.
Generate leads and referrals
You can make valuable business connections for your business through attendance at scheduled networking opportunities each year.
Generate greater recognition of your business
Chamber members have the opportunity to readily embed themselves and their business in the West Vancouver and Bowen Island community, through active involvement within the Chamber and through the associated Coho Society of the North Shore.
Have a say
The Chamber serves as the voice of local business in our community at the municipal, provincial and federal government levels. We advocate on behalf of our membership on matters of concern to them.
Stay abreast of business issues both local and beyond via our weekly email broadcasts.
Have fun at work
The Chamber is a casual business centre where you can meet and develop both business and social relationships.
You will belong
As a Chamber member you will be part of a worldwide affiliated network of business owners and operators. Further, in small business we know that isolation can be a factor. You can minimize feelings of isolation in the operation of your business through regular contact with us and other members, through attendance at scheduled events.
If you would like to become a member of the West Vancouver Chamber of Commerce, click here to complete and submit a Membership Application form or call our office at 604-926-6614.